My life is to make everything around me beautiful.

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Fan Pleating Curtains

I received a couple of emails about how to do the curtains so here it is in the photos below. I simply removed them from the package, hand pleated them and tied a ribbon tightly around the pleated part. Then I hung the ribbon on a picture hanger. A nail would do just fine also as I've done it that way in several homes. It is easy and takes only a couple of minutes to do. BTW, these were shower curtains so only 72" long but it won't show since there are things in front of them. A really cheap way to do something quickly and cheaply. These were NOT cheap but I wanted this fabric so I paid a bit dearly for it. You could do this anywhere you don't have room for a rod or have a space such as I have - difficult to decide how to "frame" the window without obscuring the view. Clicking on the photos will give you a much larger view of them also.


2 comments:

  1. Hey Connie! This fabric is gorgeous....It looks so pretty how you pleated it. I am glad to know how you got this effect. It looks wonderful!
    xoxo,
    Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your curtains turned out so pretty. I love the fanned look.
    and your lamp looks pretty too.
    Blogging keeps us busy doing the things we love. There is more reason to get it done it seems
    Hugs
    Becky

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so nice and I thank all of you that leave one for me.