My life is to make everything around me beautiful.

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Pink Pine Cones

A friend of mine is doing a series of photos of Victorian Christmas' through this whole month. It is "eye candy" for sure. So won't you please go visit her at Aunt May's Cottage.
~*~

Upon running into a friend at Costco the other day, she listened to me lament about pine cones not being available much in our area at the moment. She then told me she picked up a bag of good sized cones at Goodwill for me the previous day! Bless that chick's heart. She blessed me with this bag of them and I spent the afternoon outside in 20° weather painting them pink. This is after a spritzing of one heavy coat. Another coat or two and a "bit more froufrou" on them and they'll be ready for the pink and white Christmas tree.



And here they are after the final 2 coats. I put the paint on heavily since there could be no mistake. I mean, how can you mess up painting a pine cone, huh? Turned out gorgeous I think. Next, the froufrou ribbon and roses.

Ya know, it just might happen this year!
;-)

Fini, mes amis! Que pensez-vous? (Finished, my friends. What think you?)

And here they are all glittered up. I even sprayed the little roses. They really do glitter and sparkle!



The glue I used is a spray glue for glitter.
~*~


Random Thought:

While traveling recently I thought of something I've wanted to mention to you for some time now. I've traveled extensively in my car with a mug to refill at any gas station available. BUT several years ago I realized how we are at the mercy of the taste buds of the man who regulates the Coke machines. Sometimes it is very sweet (That's my favorite!) and sometimes it's very soda-y. So my taste is determined by that guy who probably drinks beer more than Coke??? Hmmmmph. Oooooooh, this applies to the restaurants also, chicks. I can feel a Revolution coming on!!!
~*~




25 comments:

  1. Hi Connie! yep, Those pine cones are beautiful. The roses make them look elegant....very pretty! have a nice day! Hugs, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connie your pine cones look so pretty. Gorgeous glitter and roses
    Alisob

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mornin my friend,

    I just adore your pink pine cones.
    OH HOW CUTE ARE THEY!!!

    I just might have to "borrow" that idea.

    Love & Prayers,
    Ronda

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have made those pine cones so darling and cute! Blessings!
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Connie, the pine cones are perfect. I have a bunch of them here that I should paint. Whether I will get around to it or not, we'll see! I love the addition of the little roses,too.
    xoxo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pine cones are so pretty~~~~ You always have such wonderful ideas. Have a great day, and enjoy your coke:)
    GInger

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Morning Sweetie...
    I am loving these pinecones. Pink and pretty and I love the little roses on them. You made them look so elegant. Thanks for sharing the glitter spray adhesive. I wondered what folks used. How devine is this?

    Thanks for sharing sweetie.

    Country hugs...Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Connie, yes I am still around. My many obligations have kept me from visiting but now I am free to blog visit for a few hours. I have missed your posts but I will scroll down and catch up. Thank you for your faithful visits Connie. I love reading them and you usually make me laugh. That is a good thing!!

    The pine cones are all perfect in pink. Love the rosebuds. I can't wait to see the tree when it is finished.

    Hugs xoxo, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Connie, I can and would send you all the pinecones you want. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your pine cones Connie! I still can't believe you are going to make us wait another year to see your pink tree! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG.. I LOVE the pine cones!!!! I would have never thought to make them so pretty... all we have ever done is spray them gold or put colored glitter on them. I love the pink ones with ribbons and roses. About the gas station guys... so true... my husband drinks gas station coffee all the time. I am a "die hard" coffee fan, but I cannot drink gas station coffee.... I have to stop at a doughnut shop or somewhere like that, if we are on the road!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Who, but you, Dear One, would think of pink pine cones! :) They're so pretty!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. They turned out great! Much better than the ugly plastic bag they were in. Can't wait to see them on the tree, Chick!

    ~Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Sweeite!
    Those turned out darling! Can't wait to see them on your tree! Isn't this fun?

    Thanks for your sweet comments! Love ya stopping by!
    Hugs..Lorena

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Connieness! I'd be glad to suggest some bird songs:
    Blackbird - The Beatles
    Rockin' Robin
    Snowbird - Ann Murray
    Bye Bye Blackbird
    Hummingbird - Seals and Croft
    Yellow Bird

    Hope this will help you, Connie.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. That pink tree is coming right along! The pinecones are perfect.

    karen

    ReplyDelete
  17. Connie I just love pink pine cones. I had a huge bowl full last year and someone asked me if I had any for sale. Not that I was planning on selling them, but hey, I said sure! Here ya go.

    xo Cath

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your pine cones are sooo pretty. I have done that before too, but never tried pink! If I had known you needed pine cones you could have had a ton from here, that is, if the squirrels have left any of them!!!
    Take Care!
    Ulrike

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well...I am thinking you have enough pink yumminess to gussy up a pink tree this year...so get on that...lol. I love the color..so feminine and soft. What a nice friend to find them for you!

    Hugs ~ Angie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those pine cones are just beautiful!! What a sweet idea to put the roses on them!

    Funny about the coke issue! I quite drinking sodas years ago so now it's the cappuccino's I have the same problem with!

    blessing
    mary

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are just perfection!!

    I had a random thought today while taking a loooong soak in the tub, but now I've forgotten what it was! Sheesh!

    Love you,
    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

    ReplyDelete
  22. First of all Connie, I LOVE the pinecones!!! These will be sooo pretty on your next year's pink tree.
    Second, I so agree with you on the coke thing since I am a coke expert...drink it everyday, three times a day. It's one of my food groups ya know. I have my favorite machines all over the state of Idaho. Best one is Guffy's in Bellevue!
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello, Connie. What pretty pinecones. You certainly have a way of making things adorable. Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  24. I LOVE your pine cones...you have way to much talent for one lady..please..move closer so I can *catch it*
    deby

    ReplyDelete
  25. Connie, I love the pine cones! All the pink pretties your are doing will make an outstanding pink tree!
    Great Job!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so nice and I thank all of you that leave one for me.