My life is to make everything around me beautiful.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Lazing Around on A Snowy Day

The photos I took recently of this were just horrid so I tried again today to get a better picture of that plant shelf. I lifted all the blinds in the living room and fully opened the vertical blinds in the dining area to get as much light as I could and this is the best I could do. I also didn't do the "feathering" effect with my PhotoShop on these to allow it to appear more natural. Plus it snowed the night before so the ground was white and reflecting more light in than usual. Sorry state of affairs with the lighting in this house. I plan on getting solar tubes put in as soon as I can afford it. I may have to do some serious "nights of wild abandon" for this one though. *Sigh*.....

From this to...

...this.

Closer view.

Farther view from across the room.

View outside my lacy front window this morning.

I think I'll go have a cup of hot cocoa and write some promised letters. Till next time, chicks.

Noooooo, wait a minute here. Do you know the meaning of frustration? Well, I'm here to tell ya.

Frustration is tracking your new computer and seeing that it's "on truck out for delivery to house" by FedEx today, waiting and waiting. Then sitting here I see the FedEx truck outside and jump up to go to the door—seeing the truck pulling away and no package on the front porch because it needs to be signed for before they'll leave it on the porch. I didn't hear the doorbell or catch him on my camera sitting near my desk displaying the front door! I quickly call FedEx to ask them to call him to come back. After a couple of minutes, the customer service lady tells me he doesn't have a cell phone! Now, every body that breathes on the North American continent, plus most other continents with the exception of Antarctica MAYBE, has a cell phone. Every illegal has a cell phone. Every kid over the age of 18 months has a cell phone. But NOT my FedEx man?!?!?!? Aaaaaarrrgggghhhh. Another day of sitting home waiting for my new computer.....*Sigh*.....
~*~


16 comments:

  1. I love the heart-y decoration... just beautiful... and I don't understand why people think baubles are just for Christmas... and the Royal Mail did that to me once ... the post lady put a card through the door while I was stood no more than 5 steps from it saying there was no-one home when she called ,I did manage to catch her and get the parcel but I did write one seething email to the RM... she is quite polite to me now! lol

    x Alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Connie. I love the valentine display. The garland and tags are so pretty. I also love the gate. Lucky you getting a new computer ~ stupid fed-ex guy for not getting the job done.

    I've missed you and been wondering about you lately. It's been a while since I heard from you. Did I say something wrong?

    Miss you, hugs....Tracy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Connie!!
    I know your frustration with FedEx... Our delivery of some printer carts. were delivered to 50instead of 30 of our street. What a nice man at 50 to bring them to me. We are all clearly marked... Why??? Personally, I think it is L-A-Z-Y on the delivery man's part.
    Some people just don't appreciate the jobs they have.....
    Love your pics!!
    Stay Warm...
    Love,
    Marilyn
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Sweetie...
    How sad is that? No cell phone? Don't they have some sort of communication on their trucks? Whoever heard of such a thing. Boy I would be putting a darn sign on my door, saying ring the bell, or knock real hard, and keeping the door open so when he came I wouldn't be missing his butt again. That is ridiculous. Usually they are so darn loud and noisy and even honk when they come. I think he didn't want to get out that heavy box so he was quiet as a mouse, and then left. He won't get away from this pink today I bet. I'd give him hell about yesterday too.

    Now on a brighter side, I love the arrangement. So bright and beautiful. Just love it. The pink really pops against the wall. What a beautiful job you did arranging this one. I love it. Thank you for sharing sweetie.

    Now you be sure and post us when that Fed X guy comes today. I know you will get your new computer today. He might have slipped away once, but I bet you have your coffee and are sitting right in the doorway watching.

    Have a warm day sweetie. Country hugs and so much love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Connie ~ you are cracking me up ~ doesn't it drive you nuts to have to wait around for a package to be delivered !! And they give you such a nice and small time frame that they will deliver it ~ like 9 hours ~ because we all sit around our house for 9 hours without having to do anything but wait for the Fed Ex man ~
    I hope it come early today ~
    xoxo
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear, what a disappointment Connie. Hope he comes back very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that gate on the shelf. I have shelves in my home too, but they are not as tall as yours...I have a friend that has a gate down on the floor in her hall by a niche...it is so adorable. Guess I just love that look!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Valentine tree! Ahhhh, I am drooling!

    My new puter is finally here! My old one crashed (nasty Storm Worm Virus) and now I have a beautiful new Pink Dell! I am back in the saddle and catching up on my Blog visits this morning!

    Love,
    LuLu~*xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. You make me laugh!
    And you're right, every child over 18 months has a cell phone, well, except for my 13 yr old, and ya, he knows it too. Poor little sad teen! ( well, I guess I mean everyone has a cell but he and your fed ex guy!) LOL ( I'll share the news that he's not alone in his pain )
    But your computers coming today? Right?
    SO, ENJOY!

    Mercy

    ReplyDelete
  10. How in the world does he not have a cell phone?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Some serious nights of wild abandon? Oh my - thank you for my afternoon giggle!!! Connie you are just too much of a riot! I love reading your posts because they never fail to make me laugh. You are a unique soul and I so love that I found you in blogland. And I think those Fed Ex guys just leave those little notes. That happened to me too once and I was right in my house. Very annoying!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Connie, so sorry your missed "your man"! I have been known to hop into my car and chase the UPS man down ~ they usually stay in the same vicinity for a while making other close deliveries.

    Now about your pics, they are all beautiful. That 4th one is doin' it for me ~ should definitely be entered into a magazine contest!!

    Love,
    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Connie

    Love your "tree of love" - so romantic. And the sweet heart garland is soo sweet.

    Enjoy your day!
    Leann

    ReplyDelete
  14. it looked pretty before Connie but now it is much nicer, love your Valentines tree! It seems incredible to think your FedEx man is phone-less!!! Rachaelxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Sweet Connie...your arrangement is stunning I love love love it & that snow looks beautiful hard to believe down under we are melting in the 30 plus C degrees. Ok I have to be honest here I like your FedEx do not have a mobile phone..well I do actually have one BUT a button on it broke so I don't use it...can you believe this Lady who turns 50 tomorrow does not use a mobile...shock, horror...Bahahahahahaaaaaa...
    Have a great day Sweet Lady

    Lyn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Connie I think I would have been out running every Fed Ex man off the road till I found the guy I was looking for. Actually I would have called hubs and all his cop buddies to be on the look out for the ones I may have missed.
    But then, you have always appeared to be more sensible than me.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so nice and I thank all of you that leave one for me.